Monday, July 23, 2012

A small farewell, but only in part

I wanted to let you know, in person, that I have handed over the communication portfolio to a very talented colleague on the National Executive, and as of this week, I will no longer be the Communications Leader for SLANZA.  I will leave it to Fiona to announce my replacement in her upcoming post, but I wanted to take the opportunity to share a few thoughts with you.

Working on the National Executive has provided me with opportunities to grow professionally in ways that I would never have imagined possible.  I have not only developed my communication and marketing skills, I have discovered that I have a flair for facilitation, and that I am very comfortable presenting and speaking in a professional role.  It's only by extending ourselves in unexpected, and sometime uncomfortable ways, that we truly grow, and I thank all of you for allowing me to grow in your time and in your space. 

My particular thanks to Senga White for having faith in me and giving me the push I needed.  To the whole of National Executive, I take off my hat to you for the personal energy, diverse talents, and passion that each of you brings to the table.  You are there for love of the work, and we all owe you so much for the work that you do on behalf of the members, and the communities that we serve.

My connection to school libraries and this community remains strong.  I am not going away, so hold that sigh of relief just a little longer!  You will still see me about, begging for content for Collected, and generally poking my nose in, wanted or not.

I remain, at heart, a school librarian.
Just like you.


Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment